Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Farmshow 2009



Question: Why don't people like the Farm Show as much as me? 
Answer: I am a hobbit from the Burg. 

You know how Samwise goes back to the Shire to lead a happy and normal shire-life whilst Froto decides to go off on the ship to some far away magical place? Welp...just call me Samwise. I love my Mechanicsburg. I love my Pennsylvania.  I am finally willing to admit it...There's no place like home. Infact I've always been this way. All my siblings went to pre-school. I didn't. My mom asked me when I was 3 or 4 years old, "Sara, do you want to go to pre-school?" My retort was, "No, I just want to stay at home." There you go. Pennsylvania/Mechanicsburg/402 James pumps in my blood. I can't help it. 

So, it surprised me this year to encounter people who don't like the Farm Show. What? How could this be? How could you live in PA and not love to go to the Farm Show? However, I've learned in my vast years of experience that I can't expect people to see things the way I see them. Just because someone else's heart doesn't burn passionately to see the cow's, gorge on farm food, pet the bunnies, and watch rodeos and square dances doesn't mean that they are not a worthwhile person. It's like Samwise and Froto. They have different paths, different passions, and different plans. I like my shire-life. 



6 comments:

  1. Sara, sometimes i lose sleep knowing that i didn't go to the farm show! Welcome to the blogging world, i'm excited for you to join. If you want to make it all cutesty go to pyzam.com for layouts or cutestblogsontheblock.com. There you have it my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it baffling as well! I love the farm show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're making this girl with PA roots long for a farm show milkshake. Hooray for a new blog! Can't wait to keep up with you more via blogging. Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Welkum t'Sheetzes... pump twoos oiwnn!" I miss PA! And we've been back not even two weeks. For the record I LOVE THE PA FARM SHOW in all it's animal smell, make sure you wear your boots, 4H flannel and milkshaking glory, but not as much as I love/miss your happy face. :) Sorry we missed you while we were home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could go to a PA farm show! All we have here is the county fair and it is NOT the same. I miss my lovely green PA-it's been 10 years! I'm planning on coming back this summer.
    Love ya,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. um...i love me a good farm show too! oh the rudeness of posting that milkshake....i must now alude to the bilbo of it all...do you relate because of the shortness factor? it had to be said!! :) i love PA too! i think it just gets inside you! ps...refer to this post after disagreements with a certain someone!! :) i loooooooooove you! :)

    ReplyDelete