Friday, January 16, 2009

Juxtaposition

I am hesitantly excited. Infact, I probably shouldn't even be putting this on a blog... however...I need to embrace it....so I will. Here goes. For nearly 8 years now, I've been slightly obsessed with a designer. ORLA KIELY. I simply love her designs. They are retro and vintage all at the same time. And, much like my love life, I have admired Orla from afar and have never made an official move. She's always been too good for me. Too expensive. In the last year I've noticed more of her stuff in high end magazines and that made me happy to know that the rest of the world could love her as much as me!

So, here's where the rubber hits the road: The other day I was moseying amongst some of my favorite blogs and noticed an ad for my sercret crush: Orla. Apparently she is starting an affordable line of stuff at my favorite Meca: Target! Can you imagine the joy I felt in my soul when I found this out!? I can finally be in direct contact with my crush...at Target! This is a good idea. Admittedly, I have also started to have mixed feelings about this callaboration. This means that EVERYONE is going to be in love with my Orla AND they will be able to affordably enjoy her too!

Pretty much, I'm jealous! I know, I know...it's petty. Can you see where I'm coming from? I've had a crush on an untouchable designer for years and years. I've dreamt of a day when I could afford her stuff. Now I can. But somehow the "mystique" that Orla had before is lost. Maybe, I should just be happy. Okay then...I'm happy now. I'm ready to share now.

3 comments:

  1. how can you have a blog and not tell people...like your sister????!!!! you stink...but i love your orla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete