Monday, January 26, 2009

Practically Perfect In Every Way :)

On a scale from 1-10 this weekend was a radiant 10! I don't know how it happened! Sometimes the heavens smile upon me and allow for a miraculously perfect series of events to occur. This is the case for my weekend. It felt like vibrant summer within my soul during an otherwise cold wintery weekend!! So here is what made things glorious:

1. Friday at work we had a tea party for my boss. She's moving on to another position. The tea party was a surprise and she loved it! It was delightful to sit with my coworkers and laugh and have a magical tea time together. *There's something special about tea parties*

2.Went to the Washington DC Temple on Saturday and when we were finished the sun was setting and the temple was glowing and it was a glorious sight to behold!



3. Amber and I ate sushi for dinner. Mmmmmm.... My favorite was the "Vegas Roll" (anything related to that city belongs inside my soul)...it was the best roll I've eaten to this date! Biased? Probably! :)

4. Amber, Janell, the McDonald sisters and myself went to the best concert in the world! Ever! We went to see FICTION FAMILY. And for those of you who don't know what Fiction Family is, let me tell you. Jon Foreman of "Switchfoot" and Sean Watkins of "Nickel Creek" got together and created and album! What! Could something so wonderful happen? Oh yes! It DID happen and on Saturday night I got to enjoy this love-fest at a great venue (Jammin Java)! My heart was beyond happy! I firmly believe that artists should try and collaborate as often as possible. There is amazing synergy and magic that occurs when two people take the best that they have and work together to create something new and beautiful...that's how art should continue and grow!


5. Amber and I stayed at Ann Marie's new house in DC. Before we went to bed we all got in our pj's and had tea and crumpets. This was a nice and delightful way to end the most perfect night ever!

6. Going to the Langley singles ward was simply wonderful. It was so refreshing to go be in a singles ward rather than a family ward. It just felt like the "right" place. There's something wonderful about being surrounded by trench buddies...people who are going through exactly what you are going through.

7. Went to the McDonald's sisters for dinner and a movie to close off the sabbath day. We watched "Sleeping Beauty" (which I haven't seen since I was 4 years old) and I realized that my doppelganger is Meriweather the blue fairy. I think that I might dress up as her for Halloween!

8. Lastly AM made us a wonderful dinner meal of pineapple chicken curry and rice. It was balm to my soul. She filled us with dessert (orange chocalate cheesecake bars) and then told us animated stories from her mission. Good times!

....so, all in all, life this weekend could not have gotten any better. It was practically perfect in every way! It was a nice foretaste of what hopefully lies ahead. *happy sigh*

2 comments:

  1. ps...avery and riley always thought that meriweather was you...so, in theory...it must be true!! :) so happy that you had such a happy weekend! we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I appreciate that you quote Mary Poppins, who is in fact, practically perfect in every way.

    2) Did you use the chad tea tray during your party? We must have tea again soon - it has been too long!

    3) I'm glad you started a blog!

    4) Having watched Sleeping Beauty about 297 times in the last 6 months, I have to words for you: "NOT NICE!"

    Glad you had a choice weekend weeka

    ReplyDelete