Monday, January 26, 2009
1. Friday at work we had a tea party for my boss. She's moving on to another position. The tea party was a surprise and she loved it! It was delightful to sit with my coworkers and laugh and have a magical tea time together. *There's something special about tea parties*
2.Went to the Washington DC Temple on Saturday and when we were finished the sun was setting and the temple was glowing and it was a glorious sight to behold!
3. Amber and I ate sushi for dinner. Mmmmmm.... My favorite was the "Vegas Roll" (anything related to that city belongs inside my soul)...it was the best roll I've eaten to this date! Biased? Probably! :)
4. Amber, Janell, the McDonald sisters and myself went to the best concert in the world! Ever! We went to see FICTION FAMILY. And for those of you who don't know what Fiction Family is, let me tell you. Jon Foreman of "Switchfoot" and Sean Watkins of "Nickel Creek" got together and created and album! What! Could something so wonderful happen? Oh yes! It DID happen and on Saturday night I got to enjoy this love-fest at a great venue (Jammin Java)! My heart was beyond happy! I firmly believe that artists should try and collaborate as often as possible. There is amazing synergy and magic that occurs when two people take the best that they have and work together to create something new and beautiful...that's how art should continue and grow!
5. Amber and I stayed at Ann Marie's new house in DC. Before we went to bed we all got in our pj's and had tea and crumpets. This was a nice and delightful way to end the most perfect night ever!
6. Going to the Langley singles ward was simply wonderful. It was so refreshing to go be in a singles ward rather than a family ward. It just felt like the "right" place. There's something wonderful about being surrounded by trench buddies...people who are going through exactly what you are going through.
7. Went to the McDonald's sisters for dinner and a movie to close off the sabbath day. We watched "Sleeping Beauty" (which I haven't seen since I was 4 years old) and I realized that my doppelganger is Meriweather the blue fairy. I think that I might dress up as her for Halloween!
8. Lastly AM made us a wonderful dinner meal of pineapple chicken curry and rice. It was balm to my soul. She filled us with dessert (orange chocalate cheesecake bars) and then told us animated stories from her mission. Good times!
....so, all in all, life this weekend could not have gotten any better. It was practically perfect in every way! It was a nice foretaste of what hopefully lies ahead. *happy sigh*
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
So, here's where the rubber hits the road: The other day I was moseying amongst some of my favorite blogs and noticed an ad for my sercret crush: Orla. Apparently she is starting an affordable line of stuff at my favorite Meca: Target! Can you imagine the joy I felt in my soul when I found this out!? I can finally be in direct contact with my crush...at Target! This is a good idea. Admittedly, I have also started to have mixed feelings about this callaboration. This means that EVERYONE is going to be in love with my Orla AND they will be able to affordably enjoy her too!
Pretty much, I'm jealous! I know, I know...it's petty. Can you see where I'm coming from? I've had a crush on an untouchable designer for years and years. I've dreamt of a day when I could afford her stuff. Now I can. But somehow the "mystique" that Orla had before is lost. Maybe, I should just be happy. Okay then...I'm happy now. I'm ready to share now.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Question: Why don't people like the Farm Show as much as me?